MUSEO LEONARDIANO

Il percorso museale leonardiano si articola su due sedi espositive situate a poca distanza l’una dall’altra nel cuore del borgo storico di Vinci.

Le prime sale sono allestite nella Palazzina Uzielli  intitolata a Gustavo Uzielli, uno dei maggiori studiosi di Leonardo da Vinci della seconda metà dell’Ottocento; l’edificio, risalente a quest’epoca, in seguito all’acquisto da parte dell’amministrazione comunale di Vinci, è stato ristrutturato e aperto al pubblico nel 1997 come sede espositiva del Museo Leonardiano.
Nell’ambito del progetto di ampliamento degli spazi espositivi attuato nel 2004 la Palazzina Uzielli è stata infine designata come nuovo ingresso del Museo Leonardiano e attualmente ospita la biglietteria, il bookshop e le sezioni dedicate alle macchine da cantiere, alla tecnologia della manifattura tessile e agli orologi meccanici.

La rimanenti sezioni espositive del Museo sono invece ospitate nelle suggestive stanze del Castello dei Conti Guidi l’edificio medievale simbolo della città di Vinci e storica sede della collezione. L’imponente edificio medievale noto nella tradizione come “castello della nave” per la  forma allungata e la torre che ricordano un’imbarcazione a vela, troneggia sull’abitato di Vinci dal XII secolo. Dal dominio dei Conti Guidi passò nel 1254 a quello di Firenze, per finire poi nelle mani di proprietari privati fino al 1919 quando, in occasione delle celebrazioni per il quarto centenario della morte di Leonardo, fu donato dal Conte Giulio Masetti Dainelli da Bagnano al Comune di Vinci. Dal 15 aprile 1953 il castello è sede del Museo Leonardiano e, ad oggi, ospita la seconda parte del percorso espositivo: al piano terreno sono allestite le sezioni dedicate all’ingegneria civile, alle macchine da guerra, al volo, ai meccanismi e agli strumenti.  Salendo al primo piano si trova la scenografica Sala del Podestà con la grande gru girevole a piattaforma anulare progettata da Brunelleschi, oltrepassata la quale si raggiungono le sezioni dedicate agli studi di ottica, al carro automotore e alla bicicletta e, infine ai dispositivi per il movimento in acqua e per la navigazione fluviale.
Il percorso leonardiano si chiude con la sala video situata all’interno della torre, dove sono inoltre esposti i modelli dei solidi disegnati da Leonardo per il De Divina Proportione di Luca Pacioli.
Al termine della visita è inoltre possibile raggiungere la terrazza panoramica sulla sommità della torre del castello per godere di un panorama mozzafiato sulle colline del Montalbano e sul Valdarno Inferiore.

ORARI:

9.30-19.00 da marzo a ottobre

9.30-18.00 da novembre a febbraio

15.00-19.00 25 dicembre e 1° gennaio

LEONARDO MUSEUM

The museum route in the Leonardo Museum is divided in two exbihition sites located a short distance from each other in the heart of the historical center of Vinci.

The tour of the Leonardo Museum starts from the Palazzina Uzielli, a building named after Gustavo Uzielli, one of the great late nineteenth-Century scholars of Leonardo da Vinci; the building, which dates from that period, was renovated after becoming property of the Vinci administration and opened to the public in 1997 as the home of the Leonardo Museum. As part of the project for expanding the museum route in 2004, Palazzina Uzielli was chosen as the new entry to the Leonardo Museum and currently, after the recent opening of the new ticket office in Piazza Leonardo da Vinci (2019), houses the sections devoted to building-site machinery, textile manufacturing technology and mechanical clocks.

The remaining exhibition sites of the museum are located in the picturesque rooms of the castle of the Guidi counts (Castello dei Conti Guidi), a medieval building, symbol of the city of Vinci and the original home of the collection. The imposing medieval building, popularly known as the “castello della nave” (ship castle) because of its elongated shape and the tower which might remind one of a sailing ship, has towered over the settlement of Vinci since the XII Century. In 1254 it passed from the dominion of the Guidi Counts under that of Florence, and eventually was privately owned until 1919 when, during the celebrations of the fourth centenary of Leonardo’s death, it was donated to the Borough of Vinci by Count Giulio Masetti Dainelli da Bagnano.

The castle has been home to the Leonardo Museum since 15 April 1953 and currently houses the second part of the exhibition route: on the ground floor are the sections devoted to civil engineering, war machines, flight, mechanisms and tools. Going up to the first floor one comes to the magnificent Sala del Podestà with the large revolving annular platform crane designed by Brunelleschi, after passing which, one comes to the sections on studies of optics, to the self-moving cart and the bicycle and finally to the devices for moving through water and for fluvial navigation.

The Leonardo museum route ends in the video room inside the tower, where the models of the solids designed by Leonardo for Luca Pacioli’s De Divina Proportione are also on show. At the end of the tour it is also possible to visit the panoramic viewing terrace at the top of the castle tower, to enjoy a breathtaking view over the hills of Montalbano and the lower Arno valley.

OPENING HOURS:

March – October: 9.30 a.m.7.00 p.m.

November – February: 9.30 a.m.6.00 p.m.

Christmas and New Year’s Day: 3.00 p.m.7.00 p.m.

CASA NATALE DI LEONARDO

Immersa tra gli olivi secolari del Montalbano, in un paesaggio quasi immutato nel tempo, la casa Natale di Anchiano è il luogo simbolo del legame di Leonardo con la sua città. In questa semplice dimora di campagna, a pochi chilometri dal borgo di Vinci, Leonardo nacque il 15 aprile 1452.

L’antico complesso, di cui è attestata l’esistenza già nel 1427, fu donato in tempi moderni al comune di Vinci dal Conte Giovanni Rasini di Castelcampo per essere trasformato in museo nel 1952. Solennemente inaugurata in occasione del V centenario della nascita di Leonardo, la Casa di Anchiano divenne luogo della memoria di Leonardo a Vinci.

Il nuovo percorso museale, diviso tra la Casa Natale vera e propria, articolata in tre diversi ambienti, e l’attigua casa colonica suddivisa a sua volta in due locali, invita a scoprire i luoghi e gli scenari che ispirarono la sua opera.

ORARI:

10.00-19.00 da marzo a ottobre

10.00-17.00 da novembre a febbraio

15.00-17.00 25 dicembre e 1° gennaio

LEONARDO’S BIRTHPLACE

Surrounded by the Montalbano hundred-year-old olive trees, in a landscape suspended in time, still very similar to the one Leonardo knew, Leonardo’s house in Anchiano is the symbol of the close relationship he had with his hometown. In this coutryhouse, still displaying the original coat of arms of the Da Vinci family, Leonardo was born on April 15th, 1452.

The ancient complex, whose existence is attested already in 1427, was donated to the municipality of Vinci 1952 by count Giovanni Rasini di Castelcampo to be transformed in a museum. Solemnly inaugurated on the occasion of the fifth centenary of the birth of Leonardo, the House of Anchiano became the place of memory for Leonardo da Vinci.

The new museum route consisting of the real bithplace, divided into three different areas, and the adjoining farmhouse divided in its turn in two premises, invites to discover the locations and the scenery that inspired the works of Leonardo.

OPENING HOURS:

March – October: 10.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m.

November – February: 10.00 a.m. –5.00 p.m

Christmas and New Year’s Day: 3.00 p.m.5.00 p.m.

 

Risultati immagini per leonardo da vinci ermellino

LEONARDO E LA PITTURA

Nella storica residenza di Villa il Ferrale, a metà strada tra Vinci ed Anchiano, l’ esposizione presenta riproduzioni ad altissima risoluzione e a grandezza naturale dei dipinti di Leonardo, donando al visitatore la straordinaria impressione di trovarsi a tu per tu con i capolavori del Genio riuniti in un’ unica sede espositiva.

ORARI:

marzo – ottobre: 10.30 – 19.30
novembre- febbraio: 10.30 –17.30

25 dicembre e 1° gennaio 15.30-17.30

LEONARDO AND HIS PAINTING

Set in the Villa del Ferrale, an historic estate halfway from Vinci and Anchiano, the didactic exhibition hosts full scale, HD reproductions of all Leonardo’s paintings and of some of his drawings, making the visitors breathtakingly feel that they are facing all Da Vinci’s masterpieces, gathered in one place.

OPENING HOURS:

March – October: 10.30 a.m. – 7.30 p.m.

November – February: 10.30 a.m. –5.30 p.m

Christmas and New Year’s Day: 3.30 p.m.5.30 p.m

 WWW.MUSEOLEONARDIANO.IT

 WWW.MUSEOLEONARDIANO.IT/ENG

*********************************************************************

COMPLETANO LA VISITA ALLA SCOPERTA DI LEONARDO:

MUSEO IDEALE 

Nato in un luogo ricco di storia, anticipando, per concezione e interpretazioni, ricerche e riscoperte sulla complessità di Leonardo artista, scienziato, inventore e designer, ma anche genio umanissimo, in rapporto non solo alla sua terra d’origine ma pure alla sua attualità nell’arte moderna e del nostro tempo.

Concepito come “macchina” museale e opera d’arte vivente, è stato fondato (2 ottobre 1993) da studiosi e artisti con il patrocinio di Regione Toscana, Provincia e APT di Firenze e Comune di Vinci, l’egida dell’Armand Hammer Center for Leonardo Studies dell’University of California at Los Angeles e gli auspici dell’Ente Raccolta Vinciana, è stato ufficialmente riconosciuto Museo d’Interesse Pubblico dalla Regione Toscana nel 1999.

Questo piccolo Museo è stato descritto da Carlo Pedretti, compianto presidente onorario, come “un faro sul passato e una finestra aperta sul futuro”; Paolo Galluzzi ha sottolineato “il raffinato concetto di museo ideale” e la sua “funzione originale”.

L’impostazione originaria e il frutto del lavoro di questi anni sono ora un punto di ripartenza verso ulteriori ampliamenti e nuove riscoperte, a partire dalle decennali ricerche sulle impronte digitali nelle opere di Leonardo, fino alle nuove frontiere delle indagini sul DNA del Vinci.

MUSEO DEL RINASCIMENTO DEL VINO

Restaurato ex novo e attrezzato a fini espositivi con tecnologie idonee a ospitare opere originali, il nuovo spazio museale costituisce una sezione autonoma collegata al Museo Ideale Leonardo Da Vinci (di arte, utopia e cultura della terra), in un contesto tipico del paesaggio toscano, prossimo all’insediamento etrusco-romano di Petroio.

L’edificio si trova a Sant’Ippolito in Valle, nel luogo che trae il nome dalla chiesa romanica e dall’antico Popolo esteso sulle rive dell’Arno e del torrente che Leonardo denominava “fiume Streda”. Fa parte del complesso cinquecentesco, in antico proprietà della famiglia Uguccioni, discendenti da Bernardo di Uguccione di Lippo, Priore delle Arti a Firenze nel 1444 e da Giovanni Uguccioni marito di Nannina Rucellai, bisnipote di Lorenzo il Magnifico.

Comprende una cappella originariamente menzionata nella Bolla di Celestino III dell’8 giugno 1152 sotto il nome dei SS. Ippolito e Cassiano.

Il percorso espositivo procede da un inquadramento storico legato al territorio di Vinci e della Toscana fino al tempo dei Medici, comprese le raffigurazioni di settantaquattro varietà di uve coltivate nella regione: alcune sono citate nei manoscritti di Leonardo.

Il Centro LEO LEV

Nuovo  spazio espositivo e polifunzionale che sorge nel cuore del comune di Vinci, in un’area della Toscana che è un concentrato unico di storia e cultura. 

La missione del centro è promuovere la conoscenza e la passione per l’arte, grazie a nuove forme d’interazione tra il pubblico e le opere, ad una nuova modalità di fare ricerca e soprattutto attraverso la condivisione di esperienze in un contesto del tutto speciale, diverso dagli spazi espositivi convenzionali. 

Con quest’obiettivo il centro ospita e organizza mostre, eventi, congressi, laboratori didattici, giornate di studio e altre iniziative di respiro nazionale e internazionale, dedicate a diffondere la conoscenza e il valore dell’arte antica, moderna e contemporanea

Non è un caso che il centro abbia sede a Vinci, il borgo toscano dov’è nato Leonardo, un luogo ricco di suggestioni del passato che possono segnare oggi un importante punto di partenza per proiettare nel futuro una rinnovata sensibilità per la salvaguardia e valorizzazione del patrimonio artistico italiano.

DAL 5 OTTOBRE 2019 | AL 2 FEBBRAIO 2020

” SE FOSSE UN ANGELO DI LEONARDO…”

a cura di Ilaria Boncompagni, Oreste Ruggiero, Laura Speranza

Attribuito da Carlo Ludovico Ragghianti alla scuola del Verrocchio e da Carlo Pedretti al giovane Leonardo da Vinci, l’Angelo Annunciante custodito nella Pieve di San Gennaro in Lucchesia è la più grande fra le sculture ascritte al genio del Rinascimento. L’opera, recentemente restaurata dall’Opificio delle Pietre Dure, sarà al centro della mostra Se fosse un angelo di Leonardo… visitabile dal 5 ottobre al 2 febbraio 2020 nel nuovo centro “Leo-Lev”, complesso culturale nato dall’imponente intervento di recupero architettonico e urbanistico dell’ex villa Bellio-Baronti-Pezzatini e piazza Pedretti nel centro storico di Vinci, su progetto dell’architetto Oreste Ruggiero e con opere artistiche dello stesso.

Per far conoscere ai visitatori la pigmentazione originale sarà esposta anche una copia a grandezza naturale dell’Angelo realizzata dall’Opificio con i materiali e le tecniche pittoriche dell’epoca, oltre a diversi contributi multimediali dedicati alla scultura e al suo recupero.

Orari
dal lunedì al venerdì 10-17
sabato e domenica 10-18

Info
Tel. 05711735135
Email: info@leolev.it

Ingresso
Intero: 8 €
Ridotto: 6 €

TO COMPLETE THE JOURNEY TO DISCOVER LEONARDO:

MUSEO IDEALE 

Born in a place rich with history, anticipating, born for understanding and interpretations, for rediscovery and research on complexity of Leonardo as artist, scientist, inventor and designer, but also as a truly human genius in respect not only to his native land but also in his relevance to the modern and contemporary art.

Conceived as “museum machine” and living work of art, the museum was founded the 2nd of October 1993 by scholars and artists under the patronage of region of Tuscany, Florence Tourist Board and Municipality of Vinci, under the auspices of Armand Hammer Center for Leonardo Studies from University of California at Los Angeles and Ente Raccolta Vinciana, and it was officially recognized as a Museum of Public Interest by the Tuscany Region in 1999.

This little museum was described by Carlo Pedretti, late honorary president, as “a beacon of the past and an open window to the future”, while Paolo Galluzzi has emphasized “the sophisticated concept of Museo ideale” and its “original function”.

The original layout and the work during all these years are now the base for further enhancement and new discoveries, starting from the decades of research on fingerprints in Leonardo’s works, up to the new frontiers of investigation on Vinci’s DNA.

MUSEO DEL RINASCIMENTO DEL VINO

Renovated afresh and equipped for exhibition purposes with appropriate technologies to host the original works, the new museum space constitutes an independent section linked to the Museo Ideale Leonardo Da Vinci (of art, utopia and culture of the earth), in a characteristic context of the Tuscan landscape, next to the Etruscan-Roman settlement of Petroio.

The building is situated in Sant’Ippolito in Valle, in a place that takes its name from the Romanesque church and of the ancient population expanded on the banks of the river Arno, and of the stream that Leonardo called “fiume Streda”. It is part of a sixteenth century complex, formerly owned by the Uguccioni family, descendants of Bernardo di Uguccione di Lippo, Prior of the Guilds in Florence in 1444 and of Giovanni Uguccioni, husband of Nannina Rucellai, great granddaughter of Lorenzo il Magnifico (Lorenzo the Magnificent).

It includes a chapel originally mentioned in the Bull of Celestine III of 8th of June 1152 under the name of the Saints Ippolito and Cassiano.
 
The exhibition itinerary starts from a historical background linked to the area of Vinci e of Tuscany up until the times of the Medici, including representations of seventy-four varieties of grapes cultivated in the area, from which some are mentioned in Leonardo’s manuscripts.

Il Centro LEO LEV

A new exhibition and multifunctional facility situated in the heart of the town of Vinci, in an area of Tuscany with a unique concentration of history and culture.

The mission of the center is to promote the knowledge and the passion for art, thanks to new forms of interaction between the public and the works of art, to a new way of doing research and most of all, through sharing experiences in a very special context, different from the traditional exhibition spaces. 

With this goal, the center hosts and organizes exhibitions, events, conferences, educational workshops, days of study and other initiatives, both national and international, dedicated to spread knowledge and the value of ancient, modern and contemporary art. 

It is no coincidence that the center is based in Vinci, the Tuscan village where Leonardo was born, a place full of indications of the past, that today can mark an important starting point for projecting a renewed awareness to safeguard and enhance the Italian artistic heritage in the future.

FROM 5th OF OCTOBER 2019 | TO 2nd OF FEBRUARY 2020

” SE FOSSE UN ANGELO DI LEONARDO…”

curated by Ilaria Boncompagni, Oreste Ruggiero, Laura Speranza

Attributed by Carlo Ludovico Ragghianti to the school of Verrocchio and by Carlo Pedretti to young Leonardo da Vinci, “l’Angelo Annunciante” (the Announcing Angel) conserved in church Pieve di San Gennaro in Lucchesia is the largest of the sculptures attributed to the genius of the Renaissance. The work, recently restored by the Opificio delle Pietre Dure (a public institute working in the field of art restoration), will be at the center of the exhibition “Se fosse un angelo di Leonardo…” (“If it were an angel of Leonardo…”) available for visits from 5th of October to 2nd of February 2020 in the new center “Leo-Lev”, cultural complex born after a massive architectural and urban renovation of the former Villa Bellio-Baronti-Pezzatini and Piazza Pedretti in the historical center of Vinci, designed by the architect Oreste Ruggiero and with addition of some of his works of art.

To introduce to the visitors the original pigmentation, the exhibition will also have a life-sized copy of the angel created by the Opificio with the materials and the painting tehniques of the time, as well as various multimedia applications dedicated to the sculpture and its recovery.

Opening hours:
from Monday to Friday 10-17
Saturday and Sunday 10-18

Info
Tel. 05711735135
Email: info@leolev.it

Admission
Full price: 8 €
Reduced price: 6 €